Receding gums are not just unsightly; they can also create serious dental issues. When the root structure of your teeth becomes exposed, as it does when your gums recede, it creates an environment friendly to bacteria. This leaves you more susceptible to decay and worse dental damage.
Fortunately, Louisville, KY dentist Dr. Kiran Gill is certified to perform the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, a minimally invasive alternative to a gum graft, the usual procedure for restoring your gumline. If you want to see some examples of smiles beautified with this procedure, check out our Smile Gallery.
For more information on the innovative Chao Pinhole procedure, call Natural Smiles at 502-785-8695.
Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique Advantages
The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique offers numerous advantages over traditional gum grafts. Among them:
- Minimally invasive. In contrast to a gum graft, the Chao Pinhole technique requires no sutures or incisions. And Dr. Gill doesn’t have to remove tissue from anywhere else in your mouth.
- Speedy procedure. Because the procedure is less complex than a gum graft, it doesn’t take long. In fact, it is often referred to as a “lunchtime gum lift”!
- Instant results. You’ll see the improved appearance of your restored gumline right away.
- Faster recovery time. Thanks to the lack of incisions and sutures, your mouth should heal quickly!
- Less discomfort. Most patients experience minimal discomfort, thanks to the procedure’s noninvasive nature.
- More natural-looking gumline. Because Dr. Gill works with your existing gum tissue, the results look completely natural.
How the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique Works
As with most tissue grafts, a gum graft involves harvesting tissue from another area and suturing it to the area that needs repair. In contrast, when performing the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, Dr. Gill makes a tiny hole in your gum tissue. She gently inserts tools through this access hole to ease your gumline back where it belongs.
Dr. Gill keeps up on all the latest dental techniques, including the Chao Pinhole procedure. She focused on advanced cosmetic dentistry in her post-graduate work and has received advanced training in full-mouth reconstruction. She sometimes triples the American Dental Association’s annual requirements for ongoing education!
If you’re looking for a Louisville, KY dentist who can repair your receding gums with the innovative Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, call 502-785-8695. Or use our online form to make an appointment.